Consanguinity: (kŏn'săng-gwĭn'ĭtē) , relationship by blood, whether linear or collateral.

Primarily concentrating on my Browning family from Harrison County, Ohio (and their subsequent move to Crawford County, Illinois) but I've got Plymell, Crago, Eagleton, Garrard, McConnell, Nichols, Swan, Nevitt, Huls, Markee, Depperman, Papstein/Popstein and Hamilton in there too. And that's just the beginning......

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saturday Night Fun - Your Paternal Grandmother's Patrilineal Line

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings puts together Saturday Night Fun every Saturday and this week's looked like fun:

Provide a list of your paternal grandmother's patrilineal line.
Answer these questions:


* What was your father's mother's maiden name?

* What was your father's mother's father's name?

* What is your father's mother's father's patrilineal line? That is, his father's father's father's ... back to the most distant male ancestor in that line?

* Can you identify male sibling(s) of your father's mother, and any living male descendants from those male sibling(s)? If so, you have a candidate to do a Y-DNA test on that patrilineal line. If not, you may have to find male siblings, and their descendants, of the next generation back, or even further.

Let's see....here's mine!

* My father's mother was Beulah Ethel Garrard (1900-2002), born in Robinson, Crawford Co., IL.

* My father's mother's father's name was Robert Elbert Garrard (1853-1938), born in Honey Creek Twn., Crawford Co., IL.

* His father was William A. Garrard (1822-1864), born in Hardinville, Crawford Co., IL

* His father was William Garrard (ca 1793-??), born in KY.

* Beulah Ethel Garrard had two brothers -
** Ralph Earl Garrard (1891-1970), who had two sons, one b. 1939, one b. 1942.
** Raymond Orlond Garrard (1892-1987), who had one son b. 1925.

From this, I can see at least two and possibly three living male relatives on the Garrard side who could contribute samples of their Y-DNA markers. I am not sure if Ralph or Raymond's sons had any sons because my database shows only daughters.

I am interested in getting my father tested for our Browning line. Since my father is a direct male descendant of Samuel Browning, and is the only one I know of other than my own brother, I'd best get on this fast! I think a Christmas present idea just occurred to me, though I'm not sure if it's for my dad or for me! Ha!

Thanks for the fun, Randy!

No comments:

Post a Comment