Seven Things You May Not Know About Me, But Are About To!
1. I was born in IL but I was conceived in TX.....so I guess that makes me an honorary Lone Star stater?
2. I'm (at least) a 4th-generation redhead and I've proudly continued the tradition, passing the gene on to my daughter.
3. Other than genealogy, I really enjoy role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons (the pen and paper type) and online, Neverwinter Nights. Yeah, I was a nerd girl Dungeon Master!
4. I'm a huge Monkees fan. In the 80's I hung out on Davy's tour bus and ate breakfast with Peter and his family.
5. I write poetry. Not necessarily GOOD poetry, but poetry.
6. On a related note (get it, related?) the rumor in my family was that we were related to Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning. If we are, I haven't found it yet.
7. I'm an incredible klutz. Once I broke my toe, and when it was almost healed I broke it again. I was too ashamed to go back to the doctor so I took a few shots of whiskey and set it myself. It's only slightly crooked (I did a decent job) but I can sure feel for our ancestors!