Consanguinity: (kŏn'săng-gwĭn'ĭtē) , relationship by blood, whether linear or collateral.

Primarily concentrating on my Browning family from Harrison County, Ohio (and their subsequent move to Crawford County, Illinois) but I've got Plymell, Crago, Eagleton, Garrard, McConnell, Nichols, Swan, Nevitt, Huls, Markee, Depperman, Papstein/Popstein and Hamilton in there too. And that's just the beginning......

Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday(s) To My Grandparents

Today is December 7th and though this day is more popularly known as Pearl Harbor Day, it holds a more personal significance to me. Today was my grandfather's birthday. Virgil Joseph Browning died in 1989 but if he was still alive he'd be 108 today. Two days from now, on December 9th, it will be my grandmother's birthday. The two always celebrated their special days together since they were so close (only 363 days apart, not counting leap years!) so today I will also remember my grandmother. Beulah Ethel (Garrard) Browning died in 2002 but if she were alive today she would be 109.

Happy birthday(s), grandma and grampa. I miss you both every day.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog and I have given you a HAPPY 101 SWEET FRIENDS AWARD. Please stop by Roots’n’Leaves to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given you an award, too, Patti. Love your blog. Go to http://tennesseememories.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award-for-tennessee-memories.html to pick it up.
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete