Consanguinity: (kŏn'săng-gwĭn'ĭtē) , relationship by blood, whether linear or collateral.

Primarily concentrating on my Browning family from Harrison County, Ohio (and their subsequent move to Crawford County, Illinois) but I've got Plymell, Crago, Eagleton, Garrard, McConnell, Nichols, Swan, Nevitt, Huls, Markee, Depperman, Papstein/Popstein and Hamilton in there too. And that's just the beginning......

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy 69th, Mom!

My mom is 69 today.

From the beautiful little flaxen-haired girl in the pink dress:


To the young girl smiling in a school photo and playing in a kiddie pool:



....to the newly minted Mrs. Browning.....




to a mother, quite understandably exhausted:


 She's the best friend a person could ask for and a helluva nurse to boot....







...and the most awesome grandmother in the world!


 She's a lot of things to me.  She's not just my mom, she's a friend.  She's the woman I turn to when I need a level head with a splash of cold water or a shoulder to cry on and a comforting word of advice. She's got a will of iron and a feisty soul and more smarts in her little finger than most people I know.  I'm a lucky lady to call her my mom.  I love you, Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mom, Patti. She sounds like a wonderful lady. What a nice tribute. I always enjoy looking at photos of individuals taken over time. It's so interesting to see how appearances change. My favorites are the baby photo and the pool photo. Fun.

    ReplyDelete