Consanguinity: (kŏn'săng-gwĭn'ĭtē) , relationship by blood, whether linear or collateral.

Primarily concentrating on my Browning family from Harrison County, Ohio (and their subsequent move to Crawford County, Illinois) but I've got Plymell, Crago, Eagleton, Garrard, McConnell, Nichols, Swan, Nevitt, Huls, Markee, Depperman, Papstein/Popstein and Hamilton in there too. And that's just the beginning......

Thursday, May 14, 2009

DNA and Dads

I asked my dad sometime early last week if he'd volunteer to give up some DNA for me so I can throw my lot in with all the other genealogists who've used DNA as another step in pursuing their ancestry -- in my case, my paternal Browning ancestry. Dad said something along the lines of, "Sure, anything for my girl!" (This daughter sure does love her daddy!) I received the packet and on Friday night he and I got together and he allowed me to swab his cheeks. I sent the letter off that very day.

I got an email this morning from Ancestry.com letting me know that they've received the DNA sample I sent in last week.

Yay! Another month or two and I might be able to find some common ancestry with some other Brownings.

No comments:

Post a Comment