Kay B at Kay B's Place left me a comment today letting me know that she chose me to receive an award for having “One Lovely Blog.” I was most honored. I've always enjoyed reading Kay's Blog. Thanks for the shout-out, Kay!
I'll use Kay's words here and paste the following: "I’d like to pass “One Lovely Blog Award” on to seven blogs and their authors. When you receive yours we hope you will take the time to read some new blogs or revisit some of your favorites. Then the instructions are simple - just nominate 7 other blogs. So, here are few other blogs I read that I’d like to nominate because of the lovely research and ideas."
So let's see........only seven? Goodness!
1) Photo-Sleuth. Wow, can this man research or what? He's like the Sherlock Holmes of genealogy. If I could pay attention to half the stuff he can I'd probably have my Brownings figured out by now.
2) Attic Treasures. I always get excited when I see an update here. What a great bunch of stories!
3) Lineage Keeper. Already the Logie family feels as human as my Brownings do to me. I love the letters and the journals and the "Logie-isms"! It's a testament to the storytelling talent of the author.
4) The Research Journal. This is a great blog about some very interesting Portuguese Hawaiian families. Very well documented as well as told.
5) Experiences of an English Soldier. Mr. Lamin tells an absolutely fascinating tale that's now deservedly been made into a book! Harry is a fixture in my reading.
6) Conversations With Ancestors Past. I enjoy coming here on update days and being able to just sink right into the stories, nodding my head as I go along. A very talented blogger.
7) Midwestern Microhistory. I love this blog. I'm a midwestern girl and I've found many absolutely great little gems of research help here. I never miss an update.
All of you are great!
37 minutes ago