Consanguinity: (kŏn'săng-gwĭn'ĭtē) , relationship by blood, whether linear or collateral.

Primarily concentrating on my Browning family from Harrison County, Ohio (and their subsequent move to Crawford County, Illinois) but I've got Plymell, Crago, Eagleton, Garrard, McConnell, Nichols, Swan, Nevitt, Huls, Markee, Depperman, Papstein/Popstein and Hamilton in there too. And that's just the beginning......

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

RIP

My ex-husband's mother passed away this morning. He and I were married nearly twenty years and have only been divorced for a few years. We've remained friends and will always be in each other's hearts.

His mother -- my daughter's grandmother -- was very important to me. She told me many times that I'd always be her daughter whether or not her son and I were married. She said it, like many people do....but her actions proved her words. She kept me close in the family in word and in deed. Her loving acceptance of the difficult decision I made by divorcing her son and her boundless capacity for embracing all sorts of family were two of her most endearing qualities. I'll miss being able to pick up the phone and call her and spend an hour sharing our lives.

I love you, meemaw. You'll be sorely, sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment